Horse Manure Composting
Starting in 2001, O2Compost developed a range of horse manure composting systems that are simple to operate and will convert your "waste problem" into a "resource opportunity". Our systems work extremely well for all scales of operation, from large stables with hundreds of animals to backyard barns with as few as one or two horses.
In all cases, we utilize the Aerated Static Pile (ASP) method of composting as a way to optimize the composting process and mitigate problems associated with horse manure composting, including offensive odors, flies and adverse impacts to water quality. In 30 to 60 days you will convert your pile of raw manure to high quality compost, without having to turn the pile. The aeration blower and timer do all of the work while you enjoy your horses.
We offer five different options that will meet every budget. Selecting the solution that best fits your needs is simple:
- It starts with a 10 to 20 minute conversation with our Training Program Coordinator so that we can learn the specifics of your situation;
- We then prepare a written proposal that details everything that is included in the Training Program that best fits your needs;
- After you've had a chance to review and discuss our proposal, we will give you a follow-up call to answer any questions that arise and determine if it is something that you would like to pursue; and
- If you like, we will coordinate a conversation and possibly a site visit with one of our clients in your area.
- We are happy to work on your timeline without exerting any pressure to "make a sale".
Each of our Training Programs include four component parts:
- A detailed design for a system that best fits your needs;
- An aeration equipment package, including an electric blower, timer and valves to control airflow to one or multiple bins;
- A complete training manual that provides background information on aerated composting and prescriptive step-by-step procedures to follow; and
- Most importantly, we offer unlimited technical support. We will guide you through the learning process and never leave you stranded.
All four components are included with payment of our Training Program. We will never charge you more than that amount, no matter when you call us for technical support.
To learn more, visit our O2Compost Systems page and our Projects page to help you select the best option. You can also learn more about each system by reading our Product and Service Guide.